Picaxe VSM on Windows Server 2008 R2

JSDL

Hi all, wondering if anyone has tried installing VSM on Windows Server 2008 R2? I am running the latest version (7.10 with all the parts updates). It installs perfectly fine under Server 2008 R2, problem is when I go to install the license key. It installs the key under the license manager, but when I go to open VSM it opens in demo mode, prompting me to register the software, as if it doesn't recognize the installed license. The license is valid because I am also running it on Windows 10 with no problems.

BTW, the reason I am installing on Server 2008 is because I need to run it as a RemoteApp on a Chromebook, so a terminal server is required to do this.

I have already tried running the install as admin and in compatibility mode for server 2008 to no avail. I suspect the registry location for the license info is different on Server 2008 but not sure, since I don't know where to look.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Many thanks.

JSDL

the Chromebook/RemoteApp side of things I've got working fine, just can't seem to register Picaxe VSM in Server 2008R2 with the key, even though it appears to install fine.

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
Suggest you check directly with Labcenter.co.uk support if this is actually supported by VSM, as their standard licences won't generally work in shared and/or virtual machine environments (this is to prevent piracy).

JSDL

I sent an email to labcentre.co.uk and am awaiting a reply. In the meantime, I re-installed VSM on a Windows 7 install and noticed the license key no longer works on that either. Is it possible to get a new key re-issued?