rgb led panel on eBay

wapo54001

Has anyone used this display with a Picaxe? I don't understand how it is controlled (although if possible with Arduino, surely the Picaxe can do it). If it's easily controllable, I'd like to create a color-adjustable light source for hi-rez copying of color negatives and slides. Especially for color negatives with the colored mask, this would be a great solution.

How big is the panel, how easy would it be to daisychain up to four of them?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PCB-Board-WS2812B-10x10-100-Bit-Full-Color-5050-RGB-LED-Lamp-Panel-Light-Arduino-/401251945549?hash=item5d6c7acc4d:g:02cAAOSw2xRYZ-3r

erco

Pretty sure that's not a working panel as-is, just 100 individual RGB LED bulk modules you snap apart and wire together yourself.

Buzby

It does look like 100 individual LEDs, both from the picture of the reverse of the board, and the fact that the eBay listing category is 'Individual LEDS'.

inglewoodpete

Has anyone used this display with a Picaxe? I don't understand how it is controlled (although if possible with Arduino, surely the Picaxe can do it). If it's easily controllable, I'd like to create a color-adjustable light source for hi-rez copying of color negatives and slides. Especially for color negatives with the colored mask, this would be a great solution.

How big is the panel, how easy would it be to daisychain up to four of them?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PCB-Board-WS2812B-10x10-100-Bit-Full-Color-5050-RGB-LED-Lamp-Panel-Light-Arduino-/401251945549?hash=item5d6c7acc4d:g:02cAAOSw2xRYZ-3r
It is not a display but a PCB sheet of individual, isolated RGB LEDs. If they are WS2812Bs, then the PICAXE is not up to the task of driving them. You will need a PIC programmed in C or one of those A~spit,~spit devices.

I bought a sheet of APA102s about a year ago, which were mounted in an identical way. Each LED is electrically isolated from its neighbours but you can lay and solder lengths of tinned copper wire along each row of LEDs to connect them together. The Data and Clock (D&C) wires then need to be snipped where they cross each LED, so that the D&C 'out' pads from one LED connect to the D&C 'in' pads of the next. Pretty time consuming.

APA102.jpg

Last edited: