Video and scopes

stan74

[ Moved from a thread where it was off-topic ]

If I drop the picture size on my camera I can post a video but it looks rubbish at vga so I use youtube. It's hard to get an idea across sometimes and a picture says a thousand words etc. It's an interesting project you have and I have a "sinclair" scope that has a tiny crt but only 1 beam. Does yours have 2,or is it chopped/alt?

Last edited by a moderator:

Buzby

Hi Stan,

Are you asking me about the tiny scope ?.

Mine is a Non Linear Systems MS-215, it has a four position switch to select 'Ch1/Ch2/Chop/Alt'.
I suspect a 'real' dual beam tube, with two guns and multiple deflection plates, would cost a fortune.

Search online. Elektor, and quite a few other mags back in the day, often did quite simple projects to build an add-on
for a single beam scope to give it another 1 or more beams.
The basic idea was to use analogue switches and summing amps to create the extra beams.

More difficult is adding X/Y to a single beam scope, unless the scope has an external X-input.

Cheers,

Buzby

stan74

I was replying to binary1248 crt clock Buzby but...
The kit he bought now working and trying picaxe to play with as he said gets bored when project finished. Well I'd get my monies worth and break it. I connected the scan coils of a radioshack portable and the line still ran so connected a stereo amp to them and stuck some signals in as x/y and got a result. I dumped my 40 year old telequipment scope for a pc dso with crap x/y mode but least it's calibrated.