Including pictures inthread sometimes works, most time not. Anysuggestions.

binary1248

In another thread I have been posting jpg & bmp pictures most of the time without a problem. Now it won't let me post even pictures that I posted earlier without problem.
Things I tried:
Turned off firewall
turned of all security programs
tried advanced posting
It looks like it uploads (blue bar fully to the right) then it just hangs. Sometimes it times out and gives a quick msg about ?? bubble ??? something but message disappears before I can record it.
The thread is : http://www.picaxeforum.co.uk/showthread.php?29681-CRT-Clock
Just tried a picture attach to this thread and it failed the same way.

Last edited:

premelec

The joys of the intermittent reinforcement schedule... you wouldn't want everything to work all the time would you ;-0

Last edited:

inglewoodpete

Which browser? What operating system?

I use Win10/64 and MS Edge. I don't think I've had a forum upload problem since upgrading from W7/64. I've had other problems with Win10/Edge but not your one.

wapo54001

I also use Win10 and MS Edge. Problem seems to be gone , for now.
Only a test below, yes it is still working.
View attachment 21001
i have had this problem several times over the last week, on multiple JPEGs to the point that I've given up trying to post pictures. Once in the middle of a frustrating series of lockups one gets through but the rest did not so I did not post to the thread.

My computer is a Win 7 64 bit, with Firefox.

Buzby

I too am having problems uploading images. I think it has something to do with exactly what jpg encoder is used.

If I save with 'Paint' there are issues, but I don't see problems if I use the 'Snipper' tool.

Not absolutely sure this is the answer, I've not done enough tests,

Another thought I had is 'am I running out of space ?'. Is there a limit to how many attachments I can have ?

Cheers,

Buzby

wapo54001

I too am having problems uploading images. I think it has something to do with exactly what jpg encoder is used.

If I save with 'Paint' there are issues, but I don't see problems if I use the 'Snipper' tool.

Not absolutely sure this is the answer, I've not done enough tests,

Another thought I had is 'am I running out of space ?'. Is there a limit to how many attachments I can have ?

Cheers,

Buzby
I use the snipping tool primarily. I've also tried re-editing the image in Irfanview before uploading, and neither work for me.

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
What results and error reports are you seeing ?

I recall there is an exclamation icon and explanation produced on the upload file page when the software will not upload a file.

I don't think so. I have posted numerous attachments over the years and have never had a problem, though I am registered as a forum administrator / moderator. If there were a limitation I would expect the forum software to report that rather than silently fail.

lbenson

I was having this problem a week or so ago (the little upload circle just went round and round), but just tested it in the sandbox and it worked.

???

Reloadron

500 [IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2038"]
That is about the error I get when trying to upload a file in either .jpg or .png file types. A Google turns up a few Vbulletin forum hits on that and similar errors.

Ron

binary1248

Thanks all, it is somewhat comforting to know I am not alone. Yes the little icon does show when I cannot upload a pic, but it doesn't stay long enough for me to copy, but it says something about 'bubble' with a lot of cryptic data around it. I usually use a photo editor to crop pictures to minimize the amount of data, but even paint and other files as jpg sometimes fail.
Just tried it and it FAILED...
On this small file it worked.

Attachments

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
I managed to replicate the problem. Not sure exactly what is causing it but it seems to be depend on file size and how quickly the upload completes. I would guess the upload stalls, then never continues, something timesout, and the server reports that as an IO Error. Not sure if that's a problem with the internet, the server or the browser, or some combination of things. I uploading the same again and, after a couple of attempts, it worked.

http://www.picaxeforum.co.uk/showthread.php?29796-Upload-image-test