Blockly download problem

littlem4tt

I was trying to download blockly for Mac but I am unable to unzip the file after download. I have tried downloading on various computers in different locations and also asked friends in Germany to try and download to no avail. When you try to open the zip it says 'unable to complete operation'.
If I unpack the download using stuffit I do see an app called 'NWJS' but on opening that file it says 'application NWJS can not be opened'.
I can not think what I have missed.

Please help as I do not have a windows partition any more.

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
The Mac download has been tested and is working correctly.

Last edited:

littlem4tt

Thanks for looking at this for me. It seems you are the only one who can unzip this file.

So i guess I am at a loss. I have had too many other people on other systems in other countries not able to do anything with this file.
Is there a chance you could post the working app you have in this thread?

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
We saved file to desktop from website. Run terminal, type 'unzip(space)' and then drag the downloaded file onto terminal and press enter. Should unzip fine.

Is it an 'error 1' you get when you try to do this?

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
We've just re-uploaded the zip file from a Mac and it should be able to run direct now after downloading (remembering you must Ctrl+Click and select Open, rather than double clicking on the icon, to bypass the unidentified developer warning msg).

littlem4tt

Thank you for sorting that out everything works a treat now and you have saved me the hassle of buying a cheap laptop with an old version of windows on it FTW!