PE6 Installer - Unrecognised App??

inglewoodpete

I have just downloaded PICAXEEditor6.exe (I have renamed it to Setup_6.0.9.1RunAsAdmin.exe). When I tried to instal it, the following banner appeared - a bit off-putting. (Up-to-date Windows 10/64 system)
PEv6.0.9.1.JPG
Is there a problem with the file or should I try downloading it again? (It takes about half an hour to download, even with a 15MBits/s ADSL2 connection, here in antipodes). It's nearly 1:00am here, so I will not be around for a few hours to handle questions.

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
This just seems to be Windows being over zealous in warning people that they should be careful when they run executables and applications.

inglewoodpete

...while you were sleeping

I thought I'd try another download (10:30am W.Aust time), while Europe and America sleeps. The download took less than 3 minutes, so I guess you guys are loading up the server farm or transmission links when you're awake!

Anyway, the 6.0.9.1 load went smoothly with no messages or threats from the Windows minders. I can only assume that there was a subtle error on last night's downloaded module. (Or, perhaps the wind was blowing in the wrong direction for Windows 10:))