PE Version 6.0.9.1

rq3

I have installed the latest editor, and used it to program several devices with all code that I have written in the past. No issues so far.

inglewoodpete

I have installed the latest editor, and used it to program several devices with all code that I have written in the past. No issues so far.
I've been using 6.0.8.10 for some time with minimal problems. Is there a confidence problem with using PE6? I've been using PE6 for years now and most significant bugs have been ironed out.

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Help -> About -> Check for updates will both check for updates and show release notes.

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Thanks, but they have to remove or rename PICAXE-Editor-6 Release Notes
Not quite sure how you mean. The release notes / revision history gets added to as new versions are released. If you are saying the page is out of date then you may have accessed it between the executable being updated and the release notes being updated or it may require a page refresh.

BESQUEUT

Not quite sure how you mean. The release notes / revision history gets added to as new versions are released. If you are saying the page is out of date then you may have accessed it between the executable being updated and the release notes being updated or it may require a page refresh.
This link to
PE6.pdf = PE6 Beta Testing Briefing – Sep 2013
Did you try clicking the link ?

Jeremy Harris

I just wish that there as a way of getting it to run under Linux somehow. PE5 works well under Linux with Wine now, far, far better and more reliably than AxePad, which is just too unstable to rely on. PE5 is fine, but there are lots of functions in PE6 that would be nice to have, but which are only available to those running Microsoft Windows (and now I'm down to only having one, ten year old, Windows XP notebook, everything else I have is running Linux).

I'm not alone, either, as the majority of my friends are now also running Linux, and I only know one who sticks to using Windows. I rather suspect the Windows 10 spyware scandal has put a lot of technically minded people off using Windows, especially when they rolled the same spyware out on to PCs running Windows 7 and 8, as updates, without even telling the owners that their personal data was now being passed back to Microsoft.

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
This link to
PE6.pdf = PE6 Beta Testing Briefing – Sep 2013
Did you try clicking the link ?
Thanks that clarifies the context. It is an ambiguity of English that Release Notes can mean two things; notes about the release of a product ( making a creation public ) and a list of what has changed to bring about a new version of that product. I would guess that is at least a part of why we have Revision History on the tab.

I will make a note of that ambiguity and potential for confusion and we can look at what options there are to improve things where there may be some.

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Have you noticed that Blockly 1.3.2 is not working well in Firefox when you switch between Code and Blocks?
I am not sure that we have but will investigate. It always helps to detail what OS and which browser version is being used, and provide as much detail as possible, or even a hint, as to what we should be looking for in case it is not immediately obvious.

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
The cloud version should be fixed now we have uploaded Blockly 1.3.3 (this version is already included in the latest PE6)

coparu67

Sorry
I was using Firefox 50.1.0 in Win7prof

When switching back to block mode, main menu disappears.
Now I don't find any problem in 1.3.3 version

blockly1.3.2.PNG

johnlong

Hi
Have found that when in simulation (in basic) when trying to stop simulation or change byte values it flashes up program not responding and is sluggish in responce and takes several clicks to stop or change