Disappering Indents

Happy new year!
I am using PE6.0.8.8 and the following editor behavior is a bit annoying.
having written the 'endif' , the cursor is located at the 'f':
Code:
	if b0=0 then
		b1=w3/10
	endif
Now, I continue writing by by pressing enter to start the next line, and suddenly 'endif' is no longer indented.
There are more cases like this ... am I just being seriously stupid .. what can I do keep the indent ?

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
This may be a result of block auto-indenting which attempts to put block closing statements where the editor believes they should be. This may not always be as desired if the opening statement has for example been indented to other than where it would be expected to be.

You can change the settings using the File -> Option -> Editor page and alter the Whitespace / Block indent and Enable Auto-Indent options.

techElder

I've totally given up on indenting with Auto-Indent and indenting with tabs, choosing to indent with spaces only.

There are too many variations for the white-space created by the tab character.

lbenson

I've totally given up on indenting with Auto-Indent and indenting with tabs, choosing to indent with spaces only.

There are too many variations for the white-space created by the tab character.
Plus one

Most aggravating is when I type a line in a block and the editor shifts the opening block statement to the left. I adjust it, type another line, and it shifts it again. I have not yet determined exactly which circumstances cause this to happen.

Most aggravating is when I type a line in a block and the editor shifts the opening block statement to the left. I adjust it, type another line, and it shifts it again. I have not yet determined exactly which circumstances cause this to happen.
Oh yes, that's it . (Thank goodness it was not only me.)
I tried to follow Hippy's advice and select Auto indent, but not auto collapse. No cigar... Can we hope for a fix in a future PE version?