2 us robot

techElder

You've got so much sound bouncing around in there from two robots, I'm amazed they will do anything but go around in circles!

erco

Very nice! Multiple robot interactions can get interesting and complicated. I've barely scratched the surface.

stan74

What would you call a load of robots like that? A swarm or a flock. Or nowadays a gang. Reminds me of the cybot video (a kit by eaglemoss from a Reading uni project) where there's a dozen cybots following 1.
Have you tried giving a task to an object avoiding robot? Like follow a blocked line or go to a beacon/IR source/light.
2 ldrs and it would go towards a window while avoiding.Tried it years ago. It wandered in a figure of 8 under a fluorescent strip light.
A compass chip might be interesting to give a robot a direction to head for and maybe slotted wheels for odometer.

erco

Yes the ultrasonic sensor bursts are easily multiplexed in software, often inadvertantly via code sequence. :) OTOH the Sharp sensors fire IR regular bursts on their own, sample rates of 26, 60 and 400 hz depending on the sensor. Multiple sensors may or may not be in phase and overlap but are very unlikely to interfere since optical alignment is so critical.