PE6 simulation images.

david-vk3jda

Hi All,
In PE6 there are projects that have images for the simulations. How can I make my own images to use with my program instead of just using the default chip pinout?
Or where can I find the help info to do this?

Thanks for any help
David.

inglewoodpete

Hi All,
In PE6 there are projects that have images for the simulations. How can I make my own images to use with my program instead of just using the default chip pinout?
Or where can I find the help info to do this?

Thanks for any help
David.
I'm not all that clear on your question. You can use labels or symbols for I/O pins. Alternatively, you can change the pinto suit your layout. Of the new pin allocated must be able to perform the function you want it to do.

Code:
[color=Green]'
' **** Hardware Pins Definitions - i prefix for inputs; o for outputs; b for bothway pins
'[/color]
[color=Blue]Symbol [/color][color=Black]iRecDataStatus[/color][color=DarkCyan]= [/color][color=Purple]pinA.0[/color]
[color=Green]'[/color]
[color=Blue]Symbol [/color][color=Black]oGreenLED     [/color][color=DarkCyan]= [/color][color=Blue]C.1
Symbol [/color][color=Black]oYellowLED    [/color][color=DarkCyan]= [/color][color=Blue]C.2
Symbol [/color][color=Black]oRedLED       [/color][color=DarkCyan]= [/color][color=Blue]C.3
Symbol [/color][color=Black]oYGnLED       [/color][color=DarkCyan]= [/color][color=Blue]C.4[/color]
[color=Green]'[/color]
[color=Blue]Symbol [/color][color=Black]ihSerOut      [/color][color=DarkCyan]= [/color][color=Blue]C.6    [/color][color=Green]' Background Serial Async Out[/color]
[color=Blue]Symbol [/color][color=Black]ihSerIn       [/color][color=DarkCyan]= [/color][color=Blue]C.7    [/color][color=Green]' Background Serial Async In[/color]
[color=Blue]Symbol [/color][color=Black]oHC12_Set     [/color][color=DarkCyan]= [/color][color=Blue]B.0    [/color][color=Green]'"SET" pin, when low, places module into command mode
'[/color]

david-vk3jda

Lower left window simulation you can load images (by default it shows the chip) but you can load a Dice, Alarm, Rudolph, etc. that come with PE6 selected using settings/simulation.

I would like to know home to create my own image?

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
The simulation images are defined by files which include an image of the board and an overlay map which indicates where I/O items are on the board and what they are ( LED, button, LDR, pot etc ) and which I/O pins they connect to.

I believe it is intended that there will be software released which allows those files to be created and instructions which explains how they need to be configured but that is not currently available.