Call Help for users of nRF24L01 + (2.4Ghz RF Transceiver)

zorgloub

Hello to the Team,

I completed a link between a TX and an RX using Nordic nRF24L01Plus.
I programmed it in Basic, with Bascom, on a shield Arduino AVR and all is well ...

I try now to realize the same system with Shields PICAXE 28X2-Module Ax401 after having adapted the program, keeping the same process of initialization and transmission.

Since the Picaxe does not handle indexed variables, I used the SchratchPad-RAM and its Pointer.
The values read from the SPI are placed at addresses 0 to 32.
Values sent to the SPI will be read at addresses 33 to 65

But, after many hours of work, sleepless nights and research ... it still does not work !? :(

If you could take a look at it or tell me how you use this module nRF24L01+ with a Picaxe, I am interested !
I have not found any examples of programs.

Mine uses several routines "DEBUG" consisting of visualizing on the Terminal the state of the various registers throughout the course of the program.

And what I find abnormal:

- In spite of the fact that EN_AA = 1, bit 3 of the CONFIG register (bit3 => EN_CRC) remains at 0 whereas the datasheet specifies "Bit3 EN_CRC forced High if one of the bits in the EN_ ° AA is high". So, the CRC is never activated.
- If I force it to 1 (by adding 8), it does not change the issue of emission.

- I also notice that after writing 5 bytes in the TX FIFO, the register FIFO_STATUS tells me that the TX_FIFO remains empty !?? Normal so that nothing is transmitted but ... why is this TX_FIFO left empty? Do you have an idea ??

- In addition, is it possible to read the contents of the TX FIFO? I do not see any command to do this! If yes, how ?

Here is to start thid post ;)

Attached is the program TX (Transmitter) and a pasted/copy, in an excel file (delete .txt extension), of the results read on the Terminal.

Thank you in advance for your help that will restore my peace of mind ;)

Attachments

inglewoodpete

UP

No one knows or uses this transceiver ?? :((((
Help !
I have had no experience with the nrf24L01 in any of its forms. I am a (new) user of the HC-12. However, a search of the forum for "nrf24L01" finds 22 hits. Have you had a look at these threads to see is anyone has posted working code?

Jeremy Harris

I'm afraid I'm in the same position as inglewoodpete above, I have no experience of using he NRF24L01, so can't offer any help. I did buy some, because they were very cheap, but after looking at how challenging they were to drive I never went any further with them, so they are still just sitting in my "may come in handy one day" box................

srnet

UP

No one knows or uses this transceiver ?? :((((
Help !
Calm down.

The normal reason for a lack of reponse to posts about using a device with a PICAXE is the obvious one; no-one around has experience of using the device with a PICAXE.

Goeytex

I wrote quite a bit of PICAXE code for the RF2400 modules by INHAOS. These are generally compatible with the NRF24L01+. The datasheets look almost identical, except for one or two registers. The code is well commented and may be useful. There are some routines in there that should help get you started and at least get the Picaxe communicating with the NRF Radio Module.

Here is the link.

http://www.picaxeforum.co.uk/showthread.php?19036-Using-INHAOS-RF2400-2-4-gHz-RF-Modules

zorgloub

Ho Srnet, Thank you but I do not think this kind of answer will advance the solution ;)
Especially since this forum contains some post related to this component!
So there are well many users of this nRF24L01 here ...
I read and re-read all these messages, including that of Goetex (which I greet and thank you in passing) which is the most complete because it placed, like me, a whole code.
I have seen that some use the Shiftout / Shiftin command instead of hSpiout and hSpiin.
For me, at this point in my research, it seems to me that this is a problem with this hSPI?
I use the 28X2 on the board Axe401.
Goetex, do you see an anomaly or a bizarre thing in my code?
Could other users present us a functional code with the hSPI for the nRF24L01+ ?
Thanks

To the pleasure ...

-------------------------------------------------- ----------

Goeytex

There is no problem with HSPI on Picaxe. It works fine. Shiftout / Shiftin is agonizingly slow and not appropriate for use with these high speed modules.

I am very busy on other projects and do not have the spare time to analyze your code. My suggestion is to use the code that I posted and modify the pinouts for the 28x2. Start with a very small program and get the Picaxe communicating with the NRF module where you can write a register then read it back and see the changes. Then build your code from there.

Good Luck

mortifyu

As Goey says, it is possible to use the nRF24L01+ modules with PICAXE, however I found it rather painful and opted for a much simpler solution.

This mob offer great little modules and may be worth a look. Admittedly they will cost you more, but are extremely simple to use with PICAXE and you don't need an Asprin after hours and hours programming.

https://wholesaler.alibaba.com/product-detail/Hot-sale-E32-TTL-100-3km_60463987566.html

I have had great success with them and they can be easily used with simple SERIN, SEROUT commands. No rocket science required :)

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Morty.