Reinstalling VSM after HDD crash

darb1972

Hello

I (did) own a copy of VSM and kept it up to date as the years rolled by. Unfortunately my laptop HDD crashed and I lost my install but more importantly I lost my VSM licence key because it wasn't part of my backup (doh!!!).

Can I obtain a new key without having to go through the entire purchase from scratch process all over again? I'd be happy to pay for my yearly renewal (from memory it was due around now) but I'm not so keen to do the full price install all over again.

Can anyone assist/advise?

Thanks.

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
If you can email us with your customer and original order details we will be able to check if we can re-issue the existing licence, renew or advise on how best to proceed.

darb1972

Thanks Hippy. Will do. What's the best email address to use?

I found my last renewal. It was on the 16th August 2015. It was recently due for renewal but the HDD crashed and I have been focused on restoring other programs and data.

By the way, I now have Windows 10 with the new laptop HDD. Is VSM compatible?

Thanks.

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Best contact would be via the PICAXE store as staff there will have access to your customer details and order history. We don't have direct access to those in Tech Support - orders @ picaxestore . com

I believe PICAXE VSM is compatible with Windows 10. I'll be honest and say that's because I am not aware that it isn't.

You can install PICAXE VSM and it will run, albeit in Demo Mode, so perhaps best to check before sorting out the licence issue. You would have to install the software anyway. Adding the licence key is done via Licence Manager so you won't have to uninstall and reinstall anything when the licence turns up.

darb1972

Hello Hippy

Thanks mate. I appreciate the information. I'll install and let you know if the program has an issue with Windows 10. If not, I'll contact admin.

Thanks again.

Regards
Brad