Flow Chart Not Flowing

Bozambo

I have attached a copy of a flowchart I have been working on for some time and left it off Somehow a command seems to be missing in order to have the three outputs going high as follows.

Using input 3 (switch)

Press the first time and output 0 should go high and remain on.
Press the second time and output 1 should go on and remain on.
Press the third time and output 2 should go high and remain on

Any help in this regard would be greatly appriciated.
Bo

View attachment PUSH SWITCH (1).plf

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Your "BACK", "FRONT", "CENTER" subroutines do not return, so the program stays in those subroutines forever. You need to add RETURN cells at the end of the routines rather than looping back to repeat the HIGH commands.

If you simulate the flowchart the highlighting of cells will show the progress of execution.

Your intended subroutine call to FRONT is actually a BASIC cell with "goto1" in it which is preventing the code passing a syntax check.

You will need a DECISION command to wait for the input pin to be activated before calling each subroutine, and another DECISION command after each to wait for the input pin to become deactivated to get the behaviour you want.

Bozambo

Flow Chart Refusing To Flow

Your "BACK", "FRONT", "CENTER" subroutines do not return, so the program stays in those subroutines forever. You need to add RETURN cells at the end of the routines rather than looping back to repeat the HIGH commands.

If you simulate the flowchart the highlighting of cells will show the progress of execution.

Your intended subroutine call to FRONT is actually a BASIC cell with "goto1" in it which is preventing the code passing a syntax check.

You will need a DECISION command to wait for the input pin to be activated before calling each subroutine, and another DECISION command after each to wait for the input pin to become deactivated to get the behaviour you want.
Hi hippy
I tried your sugestions all how and the chart is not flowing as it should.
Bo

Its either both outputs 0 and 1 comes on and remains on or none of them comes on at all
BoView attachment PUSH SWITCH WORKING ON.plf

Last edited:

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Your flowchart cells need to progress downwards, DECISION cells must continue to themselves until the condition is met, not continue from the top.

You need a DECISION for the button to be pushed before calling the subroutine and you need a DECISION for the button to be released after the call, before waiting for the button to be pushed again. The DECISION cell conditions have to be set as appropriate.

Your intended subroutine call to FRONT is still a BASIC cell not a subroutine call.

Attachments

Bozambo

Bo Here again
Hippy I can repeat all that you have said and I understand clearly what you are saying but this field is new to me all that I know about DESISIONS is that they allow the flow chart to flow down or to the right or to the left according to the state of the output for example if we are starting off from the START command , then the flow would only continue when the relative switch is high, and that is the extent of my knowledge. However could give direction as to where inthe LOGICATOR MANUAL I can find an example where the conditions necessary for controlling the responce of a DECISION command to become operative is outlined.
Thanks again.

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Within Logicator the DECISION cell is described on pages 22 to 24 of the Logicator Manual (L300-01.PDF). That can be accessed via the menu; Help -> Manuals -> Logicator Manual.