PE6 Crashes when Computer Sleeps

inglewoodpete

I have recently updated the PICAXE Editor to Version 6.0.8.10 on my Windows 10 Home x64 computer.

Whenever I leave the computer for longer than the "Sleep" period, currently set for 30 minutes, the PICAXE Editor crashes. Sometimes the crashing editor will prompt me to sent data to Rev-Ed. However, there are occasions where it does not prompt for this and I assume that Rev-Ed does not receive a log of these events.

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
We can't see any obvious crash logs for this and there isn't really anything in PE6 that should cause this.

Our best bet would be that debug/terminal or similar is currently open and the sleeping of the usb device causes the virtual COM port to disappear and behave strangely?

inglewoodpete

Our best bet would be that debug/terminal or similar is currently open and the sleeping of the usb device causes the virtual COM port to disappear and behave strangely?
PE Terminal crashes on sleeping are something that I've learned to live with. I think I've forwarded some recent cases of this when it has occurred.

I'll post some screen snips of the dialogue box if the PE should crash again (with no terminal running) when the computer sleeps. If other applications can survive the computer sleeping, then it should be possible for the PE to survive too.