Simulation error message

TerryRy

There must be a simple explanation for the message I get when I run run a simulation of my Blockly project. I have simplified the blocks down to almost nothing and still get the same error message. I'm prepared for the embarrassment over this but I need to move on. Please have a look at the screen grab. I have tried different variables and multipliers with the same result.

cheers
Message.jpg

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Duplicating that Blockly program syntax checks and simulates for me.

Can you provide more details on how you are using Blockly ( within PE6, as a Chrome app, online ), which version of Blockly it is ( should be at top right of display ) and PICAXE type you have selected.

It might be worth checking you have the latest version of the software installed and perhaps even saving the program and posting the file here.

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
Also multiplying by 1000 is quite large, is your simulation overflowing the maximum value (65535?)

TerryRy

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm running Blockly in PE6 and Windows 10 version 6.0.8.9 (now downloading 6.0.8.10 to install).

I was aware of potential overflow problems however this will not be a problem as VarA can only have values between 0 and 6 in the full program.

I will install the latest ver and check the results.

TerryRy

Just installed latest version and problem has gone away. Interesting that 3 blocks of Blockly that would not simulate would still convert to basic properly.

Thanks for your quick support.

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Thanks for the update and we are glad to hear the problem is resolved.

While there will be common code shared between all parts of an application, conversion to basic and simulation can have separate specific-case code so it is possible there may be an issue seen in one case but not in another. I guess this was a case of that and whatever the problem was it has been fixed.

TerryRy

I have just had a go at simulating the simple Blockly file on another computer also running 6.0.8.9 and it comes up with the same error message. Attached is the xml Blockly file.

View attachment Error test.txt

I have had to rename the file as a txt file to upload.