hardware not found on /dev/tty.usbserial-0000

wiard

Dear people,

could you help me, starter, with this problem.
I have a AXE091 starterkit, my Blockly picaxe editor recognizes my usbcable but when I run the program I get the following error: hardware not found on /dev/tty.usbserial-0000

I plugged in the usb and at the other side the picaxe board.

Is there a good explanation for how to set up the AXE091 starterkit?

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Welcome to the PICAXE forum.

"Hardware not found" errors indicate the computer is unable to communicate with the PICAXE. That can be because the cable isn't connected to the PICAXE, it's not powered on, or any battery supply is too weak. It could also be because the wrong cable ( /dev/tty device ) is selected. It's best to check those things first.

It can also be because the PICAXE is doing something else, not acknowledging the PC. To overcome that one can use the Hard Reset procedure. that is described here -

www.picaxe.com/FAQs#q3

Basically, have everything connected, turn off the PICAXE power, wait a few seconds, initiate a download to program the PICAXE and then, when "Searching for hardware" message appears, turn power on for the PICAXE. This should force the PICAXE to accept the download.

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
Note on the AXE091 there are number of download sockets - make sure you are using the one next to the PICAXE chip in use!

wiard

Everything is done like you said. I probably have to walk the tutorial through because I still get the following message:

Schermafbeelding 2016-07-08 om 11.10.46.png

I am getting closer though.

With everything configurated I have no clue what to do with the starterkit and how to use the breadboard.
The green light on the board works with the batteries attached and the plug of the AXE027 USB download cable is recognized by MacAXEPad.

It is very informative the tutorial, so I hope to work it out by myselfOtherwise I return to the forum.

Underneath is what I have thus far:
Forum Picaxe.png

Thank you.

Last edited:

wiard

This might be a clue. I will try this one out.

I have the microcontroller inserted on the starterkit and plugged the cable in one of the sockets.
I have to figure out what to do next.
I hoped the green light on the kit would start blinking right away.

Forum Picaxe.png

Thank you.

Jeremy Harris

Yes, the socket at the bottom is an RS232 connection from the on-board MAX232, not a serial programming socket.

As above, the sockets on the left in that photo are the programming port connections, each one lined up with the chip that socket supports.

wiard

I have tried the other ports and the hard reset but I get the same error:

Schermafbeelding 2016-07-09 om 18.52.02.png

I have build a small circuit on the breadboard by connecting a led to the v+ and the v0
The led is burning.

Can anyone tell me why the cable doesn't find the hardware?
Underneath I have a picture of the configuration on the breadboard.

Schermafbeelding 2016-07-18 om 11.00.32.png

Last edited: