Unexpected error message when programming 08M2

wapo54001

After a protracted time away from this project (moving house) I tried to program an 08M2 with a short, simple program that I've programmed many times before, and suddenly I'm getting an error message at the end of programming, although the chip responds as though the program loaded correctly

The error message is this:

Firmware >= B3 adcconfig not supported by this firmware version.

I am using 6.0.8.6 which is a few steps behind but looking at the updates I don't see anything that would cause this error, whatever it is.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
I'm getting an error message at the end of programming, although the chip responds as though the program loaded correctly
The PICAXE is most likely running a version of the program which has previously been downloaded.

The problem seems to be that you have an ADCCONFIG command in your program and the firmware version of your 08M2 does not support that.

wapo54001

A check of the chip says "PASS - firmware PICAXE-08M2 v4.A which seems to be the current chip.

There is no ADCCONFIG command in the code, and the editor is version 6.0.8.6 which is current enough.

Given the above, I suspect that my computer USB port or programming cable is causing the problem so I will investigate those items, thanks for the responses.

wapo54001

Problem went away when I moved the USB cable from a front USB socket to a rear socket attached to the motherboard. Thanks.

grim_reaper

I find that with PC hardware, after dirt/dust/general abuse and overheating caused by stupid overclocking and no ventilation, that the USB ports are usually the next things to go.