Flip

jims

erco..that's interesting. What sort of mechanism do you have to make the little fella "flip"? Thank you, JimS

erco

'Flip' follows a line in a pizza box. 08M2 bot uses just one ADC pin to read the sensor, which is two photocells connected as a series voltage divider. Servo steering and CR drive servo.

erco

Last edited:

erco

Save a dollar! Banggood now sells 2 different line follower kits, the PCB layout is different. One for $5.89 and one for $6.89.

The only thing I don't like about this kit is that only one motor is ever on at a time, so it never drives straight. It's always oscillating. But well worth $6-7 just for the hardware. Would be easy to hack the chassis and make it Picaxe controlled. Maybe I'll just do that...

LFR.jpg

stan74

Interesting bot.Next step robot wars :) .I've never built a line follower.I did make a light seeker that avoided obstacles at the same time.It wandered around under a strip light in a regular pattern.
A servo arrived today and I found an excellent tutorial on this forum.

erco

And an other one from banggood with additional sensors for object avoidance au$16.00. http://www.banggood.com/D2-3-DIY-Intelligent-Tracking-Obstacle-Avoidance-IR-Smart-Car-Kit-p-1084700.html?rmmds=

Bill
Wow, a micro-based robot for $12.49 USD. I had not seen that one, thanks. It appears to have line follower sensors too. The costs start adding up, that's twice the price of the line follower for pretty much the same mechanical chassis. It would be worth it if this one has two H-bridges to reverse to the motors. The $6 line follower does not have reverse, only one switching transistor per motor. That's passable for a somewhat jerky line follower, but a free-roaming "obstacle avoiding" bot can get trapped in a corner if there's no reverse. I do see a single transistor on each side of the PCB, which may be the transistor switch. I'll have to look for a video of this bot.

Using STC microcontroller chip, belonging to 51 series, convenient online download.
Using 3V power supply, two AA batteries. (package does not includes battery)
All microcontroller pins all leads with pins, convenient function extension, you can adds more functions!

stan74

Code:
[QUOTE]but a free-roaming "obstacle avoiding" bot can get trapped in a corner if there's no reverse.[/QUOTE]
I only use reverse for braking.Motors in different directions spins the robot on the spot until it sees where it came from.
PWM is nice in a light seeker.If one ldr is sensing more light than the other up pwm to one motor and lower the other.
The motion is smooth.Would probably apply to a line follower.
My servo arrived.Pity you can't use -1 .I found out you can't use negative numbers so 255 instead.
Simple panning code:-
Init:
symbol radarpos = b5
symbol radardir = b6
let radarpos = 150
let radardir = 1
symbol servopin = B.4
SERVO servopin,radarpos ; servo on output B.4 to centre/neutral position
Main:
SERVOPOS servopin,radarpos
let radarpos = radarpos + radardir
if radarpos = 200 then let radardir = 255
elseif radarpos = 100 then let radardir = 1
endif
;test ultrasonic
;do avoiding stuff
goto main

stan74

That didn't work right.
I only use reverse for braking.Motors in different directions spins the robot on the spot until it sees where it came from.
PWM is nice in a light seeker.If one ldr is sensing more light than the other up pwm to one motor and lower the other.
The motion is smooth.Would probably apply to a line follower.
My servo arrived.Pity you can't use -1 .I found out you can't use negative numbers so 255 instead.
Simple panning code:-
Init:
symbol radarpos = b5
symbol radardir = b6
let radarpos = 150
let radardir = 1
symbol servopin = B.4
SERVO servopin,radarpos ; servo on output B.4 to centre/neutral position
Main:
SERVOPOS servopin,radarpos
let radarpos = radarpos + radardir
if radarpos = 200 then let radardir = 255