Scroll Wheel

NoSmoke

My mouse scroll wheel scrolls up/down full screens for most all apps except the PICAXE editor which scrolls one line only. Doesn't seem to be anything in the editor options (in fact the scroll wheel doesn't seem to scroll anything in Editor Options).

Is there any way of configuring the scroll wheel to full screen or more lines than one only?

NoSmoke

Hi,

It works fine for me (Win7). Haven't seen any option for that in PE.
Anyone else? I am running Win 7, 64 bit, with a Logitech Click! M-BQ85, USB cable, mouse and the Logitech driver s/w. Personally I find the scroll wheel very useful but not so much at all if it only "scrolls" one line at a time. Sounds like a PE issue to me....

Last edited:

hmjswt

Hallo,

I am using Windows XP Pro 3 SP3 and Logitech M215 mouse. No cable just little USB dongle.
Works perfectly.

Henk Siewert

NoSmoke

Hallo,

I am using Windows XP Pro 3 SP3 and Logitech M215 mouse. No cable just little USB dongle.
Works perfectly.

Henk Siewert
Thanks Henk, updated my post above to include more mouse info.

Also tried setting the number of lines to scroll option to various values. Found that to work fine and settled on a value of 27, that being a somewhat useful compromise between PE and scrolling on a web site (for PE would have to be set to 45 or so to scroll a screen worth but that setting scrolls more than a screen on web sites).

Technoman

Hi,

What sort of mouse are you using? A sophisticated one coming along with a multi features software? I heard that some have also a switch activated by moving the scroll wheel on the left/right...
Have you updated the driver? Have you tried with an other model?

nick12ab

It seems that the problem is that if the option to scroll one screen at a time is selected in the Windows control panel, PICAXE Editor only scrolls one line at a time.

Attachments

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
We'll see if we can change the scroll wheel functionality to match that control panel mouse setting.