LED project

LeeWhitt

Hi Buzby, im just having to write up the circuit diagram for the project, and im using the terminal block and wiring from the solenoid that you used at Atlas, can you tell me what ohm the resistors in the terminal block are please?

Cheers,

Lee.

Buzby

Hi Lee,

I'm sorry, but I can't remember what resistors you mean. Please post a photo and jog my memory.

Cheers,

Buzby

Buzby

Hi Lee,

Those are not resistors, they are diodes.

Their purpose is to prevent high-voltage spikes from damaging the transistors.

When the transistor turns 'off', the magnetic field of the solenoid collapses.
This collapsing field generates a high voltage spike in the coil of the solenoid which can damage the transistor.

The diode 'short circuits' this voltage away from the transistor.

~~~~

I've just had a text, you're still getting 'Hardware not Found'. Your cable passes the 'paperclip' test, so the fault is on the AXE401.

Post some pics here, showing power and solenoid connections, and someone will help.

Cheers,

Buzby

LeeWhitt

Could anyone help, i've done a program and the simulation works perfectly, so i've downloaded the drivers to the download cable & usb port. i tested the download cable with the paperclip & its passed however everytime i press download on the picaxe editor program & it looks for com port 4 it says "no hardware on com 4" even though the circuit plugged in, any ideas? could my 12v adapter/2a cable be wrong?