AXE092 simulation in Editor 6

picaxehama0013

Hi all,
I'm wondering a little bit, why the simulation for AXE092 is removed in editor 6!?! This was the most used simulation in editor 5.X for my class... Now I've changed to editor 6 - but this is terrible, now!
Is there a plan to add it to editor 6?

Thanks for an answer!

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Welcome to the PICAXE forum.

The AXE092 simulation is there in PE6. Make sure you have selected an 08, 08M, 08M2 or 08M2LSE PICAXE type and then you should be able select the AXE092 simulation.

picaxehama0013

Hi, thanks for the fast answer! I was just confused because of the simulation visualizations are located at 2 places:
1. Simulate -> Connect -> "Connect to software simulation" tab
2. Workspace Explorer -> Settings -> Simulation -> Pulldown menu

What is the reasen for these 2 locations?
The "AXE092 School Experimenter" is working well, but I miss the input simulation value for the LDR at C.4. On the other hand the switch at C.3 does have the value capability with a right mouse click but does not have a ADC at the 8M2 in real. Is it possible to change for the next release?

I'm really happy with the new PE6. I'm working in a kids academic program as teacher. Great product, great environment!

Welcome to the PICAXE forum.

The AXE092 simulation is there in PE6. Make sure you have selected an 08, 08M, 08M2 or 08M2LSE PICAXE type and then you should be able select the AXE092 simulation.

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
There are two types of simulation - animations and simple pictures.

The animations are a separate program, run from the Simulate menu. This may be a PICAXE product or a completely separate third party plugin like Webots.
The simple pictures are shown in the Simulation panel.

We will add the right click radial slider to the simple AXE092 picture LDR (C.4). You can already change the light value on the 'Values' tab in the C.4 byte column.

Note in PE6 the radial slider is for entering the generic 'byte value', which is used for any command that receives a byte (readadc, readtemp, irin etc)

Therefore it is correct that C.3 still has a radial slider, if, for instance, you want to simulate a non ADC sensor on that pin.

Last edited:

picaxehama0013

Ok, thanks again for your support.
Is it possible to edit the "*.edd" files for simulation for myself? I've downloaded the trial version DiagramBuilder from Syncfusion. I can open and edit the edd files, but PE6 can't work afterwards with the modified files. Even its just saved and not modified...
Is there just a "trick" to edit or build a new simulation file or completely not possible?