Blockly simulator closed - unable to re-enable

kitobor

When I first downloaded PE6 and clicked on 'New Blockly' a smaller simulator was visible next to the Blockly categories. It had some buttons and a slider beneath it.

To make some more room so I could screenshot my program, I closed the smaller simulator. I now cannot get it back!

How do I re-enable the smaller, Blockly simulator?
[Just for clarification I am not talking about the simulator panel or any of the hardware simulators you can connect to. Just the small simulator next to Blockly - it won't come back!]

Thanks for your help in advance

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Welcome to the PICAXE forum.

The simulator area you saw within the Blockly panel of PE6 should only appear when using the Blockly App or on-line Cloud Blockly Editor. Within PE6 any Blockly simulation works with the usual Simulation Panel of PE6.

What you have now is as it should be. We will investigate why it appeared in the first place.

If you still have PE6 and Blockly open - or the same happens again - a screenshot would still be appreciated as it may help that investigation.

kitobor

Thanks for the information hippy

workspace.png

Here's a screenshot I took of the workspace before I closed the Blockly simulator.

The reason I wanted it back is because I thought the slider was a volume control and I turned it down - am I correct in thinking it is a speed setting? My simulations seem very slow now - so I thought sliding that back to the middle would help. If it is indeed a speed setting, how can I reset the simulation speed to match the real chips?

To try to get it back I removed PE6 and reinstalled it using the same installer file, the Blockly simulator is still not there - maybe it is caused by an .ini file or something similar as it seemed to hold the settings from the previous install, so maybe the original is different? I'm on a Win 10 machine.

Last edited:

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Many thanks for the screenshot. There possibly is something different in a first install run and subsequent, something which caused the embedded simulation area to appear when it should not have, and we will investigate that.

The slider is a simulation speed controller. Within PE6, once simulation is running ( Blockly, flowchart or Basic ), there should be a slider down at the bottom right of the screen which controls the speed.