i2c wireless communication

klaasje

Hello all.

I have a project with 1 master and 5 slave units. All are connected with cable at the moment. I can't have cable connections longer and need to have a wireless connection between the units. What is the best way to do that? It must be encrypted.

Thanks in advance

BESQUEUT

What is the best way to do that? It must be encrypted.
I think that zigBee can do the job.
From the User Manual :
ZigBee supports various levels of security that can be configured depending on the needs of the
application. Security provisions include:
• 128-bit AES encryption
• Two security keys that can be preconfigured or obtained during joining
• Support for a trust center
• Provisions to ensure message integrity, confidentiality, and authentication

srnet

I have a project with 1 master and 5 slave units. All are connected with cable at the moment. I can't have cable connections longer and need to have a wireless connection between the units. What is the best way to do that? It must be encrypted.
Encrypted to what standard is the very obvious question ?

You might want to help everyone by explaining the application and exactly why the comms needs to be 'encrypted'.

klaasje

Encrypted to what standard is the very obvious question ?

You might want to help everyone by explaining the application and exactly why the comms needs to be 'encrypted'.
That is because there can be a second set of master and slave's in the active operating area and see each other.
They may only see there own set.

BESQUEUT

That is because there can be a second set of master and slave's in the active operating area and see each other.
They may only see there own set.
If so, no need for encryption ; simply use differents channels (there are 15 on Xbee...)

Buzby