Five Stars again !

AllyCat

Hi,

For about the last week it appears that every thread that I contribute to (or subscribe to ?) instantly acquires a "Five Star" rating. I've even seen them pop up as I hit the submit button. :confused:

I am well aware of the "Rate this Thread" menu item, but have definitely not been using it. I vaguely remember that something similar was happening to somebody else a few years ago. Then, it was somehow related to the "Advanced" editing page, which I often do use, but I can see no option which has been accidentally set. I do remember that it was complicated because moderators and us "others" seemed to all have different layouts on our editing pages.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Alan.

techElder

I don't see anything wrong with rating every post YOU make five stars, Alan, but perhaps you have a serious follower? ;)

westaust55

Some time back (maybe a year or more now) a forum member identify that every time they opened a thread (recall need not have posrted( that thread received a 5-star rating.
Going on recolelction (did not find the subject with a search) but recall it was to do with a particular internet browser and default settings pick up/setting the first selection in the ratings each time.

AllyCat

Hi,

Possibly the problem is that the pull-down menu in Firefox on my Desktop PC doesn't work. Neither hovering nor clicking the "pointy finger/hand" over the "Rate this thread" has any affect. The pull-downs each side work fine. Also, all four of those menus work as normal on my Netbook (also running Firefox).

Cheers, Alan.

EDIT: And there they go again!