PE 6.0.8.0 Find Switching Tabs

techElder

After searching with the Find function on separate Tabbed programs, closing the Find box will switch to the previous tabbed program.

I'm not sure about Replace, but may be happening there, too.

johndk

Yes, confirmed. I was just working with multiple tabs yesterday and became mighty confused until I figured out what was going on. The two tabs I had open were two different versions of the same basic program, hence my "WTF is going on here!". I also noticed that in the "find" tab, when I went to "find next", the target box was cleared and I had to reselect the target each time.

Also, could you PLEASE bring back the Code Explorer labels soon? PLEASE!

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Also, could you PLEASE bring back the Code Explorer labels soon? PLEASE!
Could you explain exactly what is missing and under what circumstances it is missing so we can investigate this further.

techElder

Related to this Find problem, is the erratic behavior of Replace.

Sometimes it loses the search text.

Most of the time it won't wrap around to the original highlighted text being the last text not replaced. (In other words; highlight text, CTRL-R, Find Next.)

Thought I would mention it while fresh on my mind.

johndk

Could you explain exactly what is missing and under what circumstances it is missing so we can investigate this further.
In Code Explorer the Labels tab used to bring up all my labels. Now it is completely blank. It was extremely handy for quickly jumping around to different subs. It was posted by someone else several months ago and I added my two cents. With this request, that should make 6 cents altogether...hopefully enough to cover repairs.

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
In Code Explorer the Labels tab used to bring up all my labels. Now it is completely blank. It was extremely handy for quickly jumping around to different subs. It was posted by someone else several months ago and I added my two cents. With this request, that should make 6 cents altogether...hopefully enough to cover repairs.
Do you have a link to the previous discussion, some information which would allow the problem to be replicated ?

Looking at my PE6 the labels I would expect to be there are there. The labels are only updated after a syntax check but that is as expected.