Variable speed water pump

matchbox

I completed this project over a year ago. And as we often do...move on to the next. I seen these pics i took of the unit in my files and thought i would post them to give someone else an idea they might be looking for.

The code I have pasted here is for the latest version.
The transducer sensor shown below is a piezo automotive type, 100psi rating and the pump itself is a 17L/m - 40PSI diaphram 12v pump from ebay.
This revision of the program drives the pump up to 60psi under low flow conditions. This is useful when its pushing through water filters, like low micro ceramic/carbon types.

Functions:

1)Variable motor speed to maintain constant required pressure. Dual high and low speed, flow/pressure mapping, to account for restrictive water filter loads.
2)Dry run shut off - (after 6secs without water)
3)Outlet hose blow out - (after 6secs of detection)
4)Sensor failure detection - (pressure transducer below operation range)
5)Dripping tap monitor - (if the pump cycles on/off, in less than 4secs on 7 consecutive occasions)
6)Low battery shut off - (LiFePO4 13.3volt 4cell - shut off < 12.85volts)
7)Pump operation limit timer - (Prevents pumping the tank dry in a plumping failure)
8)Unit internal leak detector - (water pump leak within its box, run pump at reduced speed 55% until the tap closed or operation timesout. Then full shut down).

Attachments

Last edited: