Error message on program download

edmunds

Screen Shot 2015-07-01 at 20.21.27.png

What does this mean and how bad is it?

It is MacAXEpad - Version 1.5.1 running on Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.3.

Thank you,

Edmunds

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
We've not seen that before - please email your BASIC file to support at picaxe dot com and we will investigate.

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
We cannot currently duplicate the issue, but noticed you have some strange non-ascii characters in the long comments at the start of the text. Can you try deleting all the initial commented explanation and see if the problem is still there?

edmunds

We cannot currently duplicate the issue, but noticed you have some strange non-ascii characters in the long comments at the start of the text. Can you try deleting all the initial commented explanation and see if the problem is still there?
This is very interesting. I tried to delete the comments section - still the same problem. Will experiment some more.

Edmunds

tmfkam

This is very interesting. I tried to delete the comments section - still the same problem. Will experiment some more.

Edmunds
I've had "odd" issues when compiling programs where portions have been either opened or created on a Windows PC and then edited within MacAxePad. All manner of errors seem to crop up but I generally select all of the text, copy it, paste it into TextEdit, check that it is 'plain text' and then delete the original file before creating a new file (in MacAxePad) and pasting the text from TextEdit back in. If that fails, there are a few websites that offer a free plain text conversion service which achieves a similar thing.

I mainly notice this if I've started a program in MacAxePad copied it onto a USB stick, copied this onto a Windows PC, worked on it in PE, copied it back to USB then back to the Mac. Possibly it is some character conversion disagreement between the various machines?

techElder

tmfkam, a few years back, my last PC dinosaur started "biting the dust", and I got the idea that I could do all my work on my iMac. I ran into all kinds of problems while just transferring some of my old code.

I gave up and bought a $600 PC new and haven't looked back at MacAxePad since.

Have a good day.