step over and simtask using collapsing code blocks

120ThingsIn20Years

Just some thoughts that would make it easier for beginners like me.

Desired Feature: I use code blocks a lot to help me focus on the important bit I'm working on, but every time you run the sim they are all left expanded at the end.

It would be nice if they reverted back to the way they were before you ran the sim.

Even better, collapsed blocks of code could be executed invisibly and without showing each line being read. ie the closed block would be stepped over. Executed, but not displayed line by line.

This could also work with #SIMTASK ALL function as it would simulate everything, but only show line by line debugging of the open blocks. making your code much easier to follow, and allowing you to only debug the bit of code that doesn't work. This way you could work on a subroutine until it worked, then collapse it and never think of it again.

With your cool new hover function, you could even peek inside to check a variable name or whatever without having to expand it.

If you work with one subroutine doing strictly one thing, the result would be that you would rarely have more than a screen of code being stepped through when debugging.

Also it would be cool if eg SYMBOL HeadLight = B.1 was reflected in the chip graphic so B.1 had "HeadLight" written next to it.

Also also, it would be handy if hovering over the pins on the chip graphic could give info on what the pin can do. eg in,out,pwm etc like you get when you hover over your code.

I Love your work editor editors.

Thanks,

Bullwinkle II