Bug: Syntax check eventually quits working after while

Hemi345

I'm using version 6.0.8.0 in project workspaces mode. I have a project with two main programs (for 2 slots) and multiple include files. I had added the syntax check and program icons to the quick access toolbar (QAT) so I could minimize the ribbon for more editor space. I noticed that the syntax check icon in the QAT would be grayed out while working (on a .bas file). I show the ribbon and the syntax check was disabled in the Home menu. I click on the Simulation menu tab and syntax check was available there, so I used that. I noticed I could add the syntax check on the simulation tab to the WAT also, IMO, weird behavior. So now I have two syntax check icons on the WAT. One is disabled, the other is available. Then after a bit, the simulation syntax check icon would show disabled on the QAT and in the ribbon. So I show the PICAXE menu on the ribbon and that syntax check is available. I use that one for a bit and then it quits working too. Have to restart PE6 because I can no longer syntax check my programs. After an hour or so of working, they all start getting disabled one by one and eventually I have to restart PE6 again.

I just found the keyboard shortcut for syntax check (F4) and it doesn't work either when they're all disabled.

A few other suggestings:

- add indication for unsaved files to the file tabs, title bar, or the status bar below the editor. A lot of editors/IDEs use a * to indicate unsaved changes. Example:
*myProgram.bas

- save the order of the file tabs in the workspace. I like keeping the .bas files on the left and then the basinc files ordered from left to right depending on how frequently they get edited. It's frustrating working on a smaller screen (1280x800 laptop) when I load the workspace files and the order is random... usually the ones I frequently edit are at opposite ends of the tabs bar and requires scrolling or reordering the tabs (especially when I have to keep restarting PE6 to fix the syntax check issue).

- an option to disable the popup if a program syntax checked successfully and show the information on the status bar below the editor. Could display something like "Compiled Successfully: Used 913 of 2048 bytes" if successful, otherwise popup the window and show error info. When the program is changed, that information on the status bar would disappear till it was syntax checked again. Or even use the same tool tip like thing that shows up down by the clock when a program download is successful for the syntax check as well.

- Add the keyboard shortcuts on the hover tooltips to all menu icons. F4 only shows up in the tool tip for Syntax check on the Home ribbon, not on the Simulation and PICAXE ribbons.

Thanks for all your work on this. PE6 is a great improvement over PE5.

Hemi345

One other suggesting I thought of is a find feature the will search across multiple files. The main downside of breaking a program up into basinc is the inability to easily find and replace a variable name, for example.