bug 6.080 beta

professor_jonny

So I have come across another bug.
program attached

In the attached program if I enable toggle mode it runs two cascading sub routines "button check" and "beep select" between output blocks .

In one of the sub routines it runs:

Code:
input B.3, B.4, B.5
But the output pins fail to switch to inputs and enable high z between rolling to the next output so the outputs that are not forced high or low in the block should be set to high z but they say set as per the previous output block.

basically the the above code is ignored in the sub routine.

Attachments

Last edited:

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
Your flowchart is very complex to follow, please provide a simpler example. This code works as expected for us:

Code:
[color=Blue]do
high b.3[/color][color=Black],[/color][color=Blue]b.4[/color][color=Black],[/color][color=Blue]b.5
pause [/color][color=Navy]1000[/color]
[color=Blue]input b.3[/color][color=Black],[/color][color=Blue]b.4[/color][color=Black],[/color][color=Blue]b.5
pause [/color][color=Navy]1000[/color]
[color=Blue]loop[/color]

professor_jonny

This will make it easier to see pin b4 is switched to an input after it has been set high.

because it is not being driven (green) after switching to an input it should be try stated and recieve no voltage (grey) it but it registeres the voltage (yellow) from the last output action as an input by what it shows on the picaxe pinout in the simulation window.

basically it sees an input high after driving the same output high then switching it input mode it should see a low input I believe as the output would turn off when you switch the pin to an input or have another colour (say purple for try stated ?).

I don't have hardware to test I guess it is a simulation only bug.

View attachment simplified.plf

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
The simulation is correct.

When you change to an 'input' the displayed signal will be either grey OR yellow (an input can be displayed as either low(grey) or high(yellow)).
Both are high impedance (input) state.

Changing to input does not automatically make the input have a low signal - to do this you must click on the input itself. The simulation cannot guess whether you have a pull-down or a pull-up resistor on your real board, so you must manually adjust the input as required.