Re-programming the XRF Ciseco "personallity" to acknowledge a Non CISECO signal

Do_Not_Give_Up

Re-programming the XRF Ciseco "personallity" to acknowledge a Non CISECO signal

I am interested in making the Ciseco XRF 900 MHZ wireless RF receiver circuit that can detect the signal broadcast from Collett Communications Snowmobile Groomer Warning Beacon (GWB) device that transmit at 900 MHZ - Channel 1 to illuminate an LED to provide a heads up as to the potential danger of a grooming in the vicinity while traveling the snowmobile trails.

www.collettcommunicator.com/

What GWB signal information do I need to configure this radio or would it be plug and play to receive the (GWB) signal on Channel 1? Also what is required to convert the reception of the GWB only signal to trigger an LED warning light to alert me that a snowmobile groomer is in the area to avoid a collision?

Thanking you in advance,

Paul Wilkie - Volunteer
Wellston, MI 49689
Wellston Winter Trails and Promotions
wellstonwintertrails.com/
Located in the heart of the beautiful Manistee National Forest
734 550 6763

Circuit

The XRF is a packet-based transceiver that uses the Texas Instruments CC1101 transceiver chip as its core (http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/cc1101.pdf). It is a highly dedicated system used to transmit and receive data packets.
The XRF "personality" is a program that determines how the XRF handles the digital packets that are transceived between XRF units. The "personality" does not alter the front-end exchange of digital packets.

The trail-groomer radio beacon system you refer to appears to be a proprietary system unique to Collett and I understand that it can only be received by their radios. The information necessary to clone a receiver is therefore unlikely to be available.

Last edited: