Picaxe disconnected mid-download

axepik

I am new to chip programming all together been playing with it for a few weeks now. I had everything working perfectly and I was playing around with lights and things so I know my circuit is working good and everything. I also never went to any higher volts than 4.5 so i don't think i fried it.

I was downloading a program to the chip and i bumped it and the chip popped out. now every time i go to download a program it says no hardware on com3 (which is the right com) i cant hard reset it because it never initiates a download

I'm working with the 20M2 starter kit. Chip that wont work is the 20M2 and that was the only chip i had so i cant test another. Any suggestions as I wait the few weeks for new chips to come in.

another side question, with my 20m2 starter kit can I program a smaller chip or would i have to set everything up separately on a breadboard.

I appreciate any suggestions ill give them a try! and its my first post so thanks for letting me in http://www.picaxeforum.co.uk/images/icons/icon6.png!

premelec

Welcome to this forum - sorry about the problem - 08M2 and 14M2 can be programmed in same socket/setup but NOT 18 pin units as they have different pin layout [see diagrams early in Manual #1]. Make sure you have pin 1 right way in socket. I've forgotten hard reset exactly but think you connect chip power only AFTER it starts _trying_ to download - does that get it alive again?

axepik

got it to work! thanks for the quick answer, i tried the hard reset again and she powered up so its all good.

Thanks a lot looks like i just found something to do tonight ;)