AQA Download issue - 0xFFFFFF82 transmitted but nothing received at byte 0

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
Yes, that is ok, we didn't see the second photo. Check all connections (which look ok) for loose contacts and also try new batteries as well, normally verification errors are due to a poor power supply.

PhillyP

Yes, that is ok, we didn't see the second photo. Check all connections (which look ok) for loose contacts and also try new batteries as well, normally verification errors are due to a poor power supply.
Thank you for your help, I just replaced the batteries with 3 new AA's as suggested and checked all wires for loose contacts with no avail.

nick12ab

You do not have a decoupling capacitor fitted. A 100nF capacitor should be fitted near the PICAXE's power pins, to power and ground.

Also the jumper fitted to the AXE029 looks different to usual so is it making a good connection?

PhillyP

You do not have a decoupling capacitor fitted. A 100nF capacitor should be fitted near the PICAXE's power pins, to power and ground.

Also the jumper fitted to the AXE029 looks different to usual so is it making a good connection?
The jumper seems to be similar to images I have seen online, I used a wire to bridge the pins and I am experiencing the same issue, I was not aware of the 100nF cap that was needed, I will try that and update, thank you for your help.