28X1 IRIN with HX1838-Universal-IR Receiver and NEC Code IR controller.

xtech007

Happy Holidays to all!!

while having a little time off, and received mail from china.:rolleyes:
decided to tackle on IR controller/receiver with picaxe!
this is the item Bought:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HX1838-Universal-Infrared-Remote-Control-Receiver-Module-NEC-Code-IR-Kit-Set-/321560823227?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ade84c5bb

followed the wiring and code from the manuals, but realized the controller that came with unit would not work.:(
tried other controllers and some do give a reading! but very little 2 buttons at most.

code used is:
main:
irin [1000,main],1,W1
sertxd( "Key code = ", #W1, cr, lf )
goto main

like mentioned on some other controllers I have laying around I get 2 buttons at most and reads on terminal 123 or 1562.
did a Little more research and found out the controller supplied uses NEC Code not sony.
data:
http://techdocs.altium.com/display/FPGA/NEC+Infrared+Transmission+Protocol

Would there be a way to have the 28x1 decode the NEC IR Code so I can use the controller supplied?

Thanks all!

inglewoodpete

I have developed two projects to allow the 32-bit NEC code to work with PICAXEs. The first one use a commonly available external chip (CD4093 quad schmitt trigger) and would work with older chips like the 28X1 or the current M2 chips. The second requires an X2-series PICAXE: the 28X1 cannot run fast enough to use this software-only solution.

You may be able to use a software-only solution with the 28X1 if you can free up enough registers. I think hippy has used a method of measuring the length of each IR pulse with some success.

xtech007

Thanks Guys!
inglewoodpete, and Hippy I will do research on both post mentioned and try to make sense of it.
But it looks like a can of worms, why try to Re-invent the wheel.
At first I thought it would be easily doable.
The Last thing I would like to do is keep using available resources to do the decode via software, might need the resources later!

Conclusion, at least for my specific use this time around!
Reused the receiver mentioned above in the beginning of the post tossed the controller aside.
Found an Universal controller laying around, punched the SONY TV CODE.
Programed the 28x1 and pressed the 123456789 keys and a successful connection!!!
here is a proof and code:
IRIN code for RC.JPG