Simulation Studio within PE6

Technoman

Hi,

As we can connect a simulation in PE6 (is it fully implemented?), how can we edit one? Still with Logicator?

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
Simulation Studio is not part of PE6 as the technology to connect simulations has significantly changed.
However PE6 does allow third party plugin simulations.
Are you looking to create a new simulation or to use an existing Logicator one?

Technoman

The goal is to create simulation files and, sometimes, to run existing ones.

I tried to run Cyberpet, but unsuccessfully. Should it work?

We would appreciate to use a unique tool (PE6) with the students.

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
There are two different ways to use AXE101 simulation:

1) Simulation picture - select the AXE101 is the Workspace Explorer simulation list. This makes the simulation panel show the AXE101
2) AXE101 plugin - this is like the Logicator animation - select Simulate>Connect>Software Simulation>AXE101

The screenshot attached shows both, when you run the simulation you should see a LED colour change in both, although there is a minor bug for us to fix (the two simulations currently animate opposite LEDs!)

Which method didn't work for you?

Attachments

Technoman

Thanks Technical,

I was able to run the simulation using method 1.

This leads me to ask a question : what was the software used to make the simulation picture?

For some obscure reason I can't get any more the Logicator animation ; is it due to the choice made in the Workspace Explorer?

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
Method 2 should work regardless of any setting - what happens for you when you click the menu?

coparu67

There are two different ways to use AXE101 simulation:
1) Simulation picture - select the AXE101 is the Workspace Explorer simulation list. This makes the simulation panel show the AXE101
Can we add, create or change Simulation pictures in PE6?