PE 6.0.7.4 code explorer panel

jims

I just downloaded & installed PE 6.0.7.4. The revision history for this new level states that it "forces simplified panels (code explore, etc)". I prefer the old panel that was in PE 6.0.7.3. How do I get the old panel style back? (if this isn't possible, how do I get back to PE 6.0.7.3?). I'm attaching a picture of the new "simplified" panel. Thank you, Jims
PE6 code explorer 11-23-14.JPG

Last edited:

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
This display change only occurs if you use the simplified flowcharting mode. Simply right click over the code explorer to display the other columns like binary etc.

jims

This display change only occurs if you use the simplified flowcharting mode. Simply right click over the code explorer to display the other columns like binary etc.
Thank you...technical. Your advice took care of my problem. I didn't realize that the "code explorer" is configurable. In the past it has been fully configured (like the picture on page 68 in Manual 1) after a download; so I never had the need to right click & configure it. I sure spent a lot of time trying to find a "setting" to do this after downloading PE 6.0.7.4 several times. Maybe a note on Page 68 could help someone else in the future. Jims

jims

Technical...Every time I close and reopen PE6.0.7.4, I Have to reconfigure the "code explorer" because it opens in the new (simplified) format even though I'm not using the simplified flowcharting mode (Post #2). Is there some setting I can use to have the full "code explorer" format become my default? I've uninstalled and reinstalled the program 3 times and all 3 downloads act the same. Thank you, Jims

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Within PE6; go into File, Options, and select Flowcharts. Is the "Hide advanced features within explorer panels" ticked ?

If so, then un-ticking that should resolve the issue.