task simulation bug pixaxe editor 6.0.7.3

professor_jonny

Hi there

I can't seem to get the simulation function to run any thing but the main task in the latest programming package.

The main task runs and seems to do as it is supposed to with the blue markers spinning around showing program flow but not for aditional tasks

I believe there is a bug in the simulator.

I have attached a sample program that has an second task that increments a variable every second.
in the main task it will fail to capture the condition set during the second task but it works in a real picaxe.

View attachment calebs project.plf.

Cheers Jono

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
Yes, this is a known issue for flowcharts in the latest version we are looking into and should have fixed soon.
If you convert the flowchart to BASIC and simulate that instead it should work as expected.

professor_jonny

yes it will work as expected when the program is in a basic statment list, but it will only show flow in the main task.

It also has an annoying property that you cant scroll down the program manually during simulation to see the aditional tasks as it centers the program flow of the main task in the code window automatically but it does not do this in a flow chart.

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
In BASIC use #simtask to highlight the different tasks e.g.

#simtask 1
#simtask all

The default is #simtask 0, where only task 0 is highlighted (although the others do simulate)