RFout baud rate

Tyro

I have a reliable wireless link using a low cost transmitter and receiver pair running at 1200baud using serin and serout. I recently bought some 18M2 devices and experimented with the RFout and RFin commands.

With the two chips connected on the bench with a wire, no problems. When I use the transmitter and receiver pair I get very poor results. After measuring the received output I think that the data rate is too fast for this Tx and Rx pair.

Is there a way to change the baud rate for RFout and RFin?

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
There is no way to change the baud rate of RFOUT and RFIN. The baud rate is hard-coded in firmware to be compatible with the NKM2401 chips.

Tyro

Thanks hippy. I am using a poor mans Manchester code, transmit a byte, transmit the same byte inverted, repeat.

MFB

Thanks hippy. I am using a poor mans Manchester code, transmit a byte, transmit the same byte inverted, repeat.
Note sure what you mean by this comment because rfin and rfout are already Manchester encoded. If you want to reduce the standard baud rate, there may be a way by adjusting the PICAXE clock rate.

1968neil

You could use serial out and use a qualifier instead of the manchester code ? that way you could use a higher baud rate, however data integrity maybe compromised.
What's the issue with baudrate ? why not fast enough ?