Picaxe to Picaxe I2c Examples

hi

after having issues with multiple picaxes locking up when using serial comms. Im giving up with the serial after a weeks worth of work.

im now as a last attempt looking at the i2c protocal. 1xmaster and 4 slaves. Does any body have any simple examples to hand to start with?

ta

eclectic

As a starter, try Advanced search using the terms

I2C* network*

Search Multiple content type.

Tick all the top boxes.

e

have had a quick read up and m2 parts cannot be a i2c slave. so thats out of the window.

looking at 1 one serial comms but not to hopefull

ta

srnet

Under what circumstances did the PICAXEs 'Lock Up' using serial comms ?

My experience has been that the serial comms are very reliable.

Did you consider that the problem might not be with the serial comms, but how your program is using them ?

Of course its always possible to make 'mistakes' in software so that it appears the PICAXE stops working ..............

westaust55

Posting the code you are/were using for multichip serial comms AND the schematic showing how you had the PICAXE chips connected would be helpful.

Goeytex

IN regards to the serial comms "lockup" ...

1. Did you use the posted diode OR circuit?
2. Did you use serin with a timeout and qualifier?
3. How did you determine there was a "lockup"?
4. Is the timing in the program such that only one "slave" transmits at a time ?

I suspect your lockups are because serrin ( a blocking comand) is not receiving the data correctly due to either a wiring problem or a code problem.

As suggested by westaust55, post the code you were using as well as an accurate schematic and we can help you get this working.