temperature sensor

technokid

Hello.

I am trying to make a picaxe powered robot to do numerous different things like take temperature levels, light levels, etc.
I am starting with the temperature taking. I have a 47K thermistor and I am going to put it in a voltage divider.
I was wondering, what would the resistor in the voltage divider be if the thermistor is 47K?
Hope someone can help.

Technokid.

P.S. would this following script be ok?

Code:
start:
readtemp c.7,b0
read b.0,b1
if b1 = 1 then debug
goto start
P.P.S b.0 is a button and by the way, this is only a subscript from the main program

Last edited:

westaust55

The READTEMP is only for use with the DS18B20 temp sensor.

With a thermistor you will need the READADC command.

I would suggest the DS18b20 however if you are keep to use a thermistor, a forum search will find some past threads on their use, rest of circuit, code and calibration requirements.

technokid

problem solved

The READTEMP is only for use with the DS18B20 temp sensor.

With a thermistor you will need the READADC command.

I would suggest the DS18b20 however if you are keep to use a thermistor, a forum search will find some past threads on their use, rest of circuit, code and calibration requirements.
If you mean just swap readtemp for readadc, then yes. It worked. Thanks

MFB

For best linearity, chose a value of series resistor that is equal to the thermistor resistance at the centre of the temperature range you require. The thermistor manufacture normally provides a table of temperature-v- resistance on their web site.