08m to axe033 LCD module question

Hi All.

I am trying to make a thermometer using a DS18B20, an 08m chip and an AXE033 LCD module.

I have 033 LCD module ( with jumper wire in place ) connected to 08m's power supply ( 4.6volts )

I have tried :-
init:pause 500
main: serout 0,N2400,(254,128)
serout 0,N2400,("Hello!123")
end

To see if the LCD module will work, but without any luck.

I have LCD "OUT" going to 08m pin 2 and 08m pin 7 going to LCD "IN"

Can 08m chip communicate with 033 LCD module? Anyone any thoughts?

David Miles.

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Disconnect the LCD OUT from leg 2; that might be causing a problem.

Having LCD IN connected to leg 7 may also cause problems as that will have activity whenever something is downloaded to the PICAXE. That could confuse the AXE033. Try moving LCD IN to leg 6 and altering to SEROUT 1.

The AXE033 also has a jumper on it for when powered from 6V; it may be worth checking that as your voltage may be too low. Also try adjusting the contrast pot as it may simply be the text is there, just that you cannot see it.

08m to axe033 module question

Disconnect the LCD OUT from leg 2; that might be causing a problem.

Having LCD IN connected to leg 7 may also cause problems as that will have activity whenever something is downloaded to the PICAXE. That could confuse the AXE033. Try moving LCD IN to leg 6 and altering to SEROUT 1.

The AXE033 also has a jumper on it for when powered from 6V; it may be worth checking that as your voltage may be too low. Also try adjusting the contrast pot as it may simply be the text is there, just that you cannot see it.
Thank you Hippy, changing both 08m legs made it work. You are a star!

David Miles.