PE 6.0.7 Blocks

tarzan

Code:
{'Title
Code here
}
PE 6.0.7

No longer displays "Title" when blocks are collapsed.

Edit:

#region #endregion

I did not use #region #endregion in previous versions of PE because I was able to use a comma after the { then add text, this text would show when the block was collapsed.

Using #region in PE 6.0.7 shows "#region" before the title you give the region which is not the case with PE 6.0.6.4 this would appear to be an error.

Last edited:

Buzby

I collapsed a #rem ... #endrem, and when I restored it all my remarks had vanished !.

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
@Tarzan, although comments with { has never officially been supported, we can tweak both issues in the next release to look as before.

@Buzby, collapsing a block does not alter the text content in the editor. Therefore it is far more probably you did an accidental delete separately. However if you can repeat this please send the details to us by email.

Buzby

Try as I might, I can't replicate the #rem-#endrem scenario again, so it probably was an accidental deletion.

The question is, how did I accidentally delete over 40 lines of descriptive text ?.
Answer, I must have deleted the block while it was collapsed.

Can we have a warning if a delete action is going to remove text that is hidden from view ?

Morganl

Hi again (i have let my PICAXEs rest from me for a few months, but will get them going again soon...)

1) "comments with { has never officially been supported, we can tweak both issues in the next release to look as before."
Great, please document it :)

2) "Can we have a warning if a delete action is going to remove text that is hidden from view ? "
Another idea: simply deselect text automatically when collapsing view.

3) New release - great to see it moving :)
any progress on global find/replace ?