axe027_installer/Windows 8

friis

Hi,
I have downloaded the above and run it by doppelt-clicking it. The supposed installation goes so fast that I cannot see what happens, but I cannot find any trace of an installed pgm.
The cable shows up in the device manager without any driver. If I go into the editor software I see that no com ports are available.
Can anyone help?
best regards
torben

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
We are sorry to hear you are having problems installing the drivers.

When Windows doesn't isntall the drivers as expected the best solution is to manually install the drivers as described in the AXE027 installation guide -

http://www.picaxe.com/docs/axe027.pdf

Two important things to ensure for manual installation are -

1) That the files are extracted from the downloaded .zip to a separate directory on disk. If not the files may appear to be seen by Windows Explorer but not by Device Manager.

2) When pointing Device Manager to the extracted directory, the top level directory is selected; the one containing the 'amd64' and 'i386' sub-directories.

Also note that the installation is a two-step process. If the second step is not completed then there will be issues in accessing the installed AXE027 cable.

friis

Hi Hippy,
I have got the files extracted.
how do I point the device manager?
When I plug in the axe027 nothinh happens - no "New Hardware found" - no matter which USB I use.
torben