delayed sweep on PC scope?

jims

I'm trying to figure out a way to get a delayed sweep on my OSC001 PCB Scope. Does any one on the FORUM have a good way to do this?
Could I trigger a 555 single shot with my Picaxe 20x2 chip??? and trigger the scope with the 555 output? Thank you, Jims

Last edited:

John West

We'd need more info about the waveform you're trying to catch. How fast, and is it repetitive? How much delay? You should be able to trigger the external trigger function OK with a 555 but you might also put a delay in your 20X2 code to trigger the scope from an available pin after the delay, and leave out the 555 altogether. A PICAXE can be a much smarter substitute for a 555.

Datalogger mode is also a possibility for catching delayed waveforms if the info of interest is not terribly fast.

jims

Thank you, John. I want to be able to send a string of data using the "serout" command and trigger the scope about the time that the "stop" bit is xmitted. This will allow me to get a more precise measurement of the turn around time of the device that I'm xmitting to. I plan to send a "pulsout" to trigger the 555, and trigger the scope when the 555 times out (by adjusting the 555 timeout period I should be able to place the timeout close to where I want it). From what I've been able to see; the turnaroud time is about 3.1Msec on some of the xmitted commands, and about 400usec on others. This will be repetitive using a "do" loop inmy program. Jims