ordering issues, paypal???

tony_g

is anyone else had issues recently trying to order from tech supplies?

i ordered about a month ago with no problems and going to order again tonight it keeps throwing back an error for shipping adress state.

ive double and triple checked my paypal info matches whats in my profile info for the store but im getting nowhere.

very frustrating trying to order my bits and now with issues!!!

edit:

i have googled and the only info i can find says its something to do with the client end installed api for sales outside their own country but how accurate that is begs to differ, i just need to order more chips for my circuits :(

Last edited:

neiltechspec

I ordered over the weekend (payed by paypal), came yesterday. Monday was a holiday so, as expected, delayed by a day.

tony_g

my last order was trouble free but trying to order again it keeps throwing an error about address state and wont let me continue to pay,i dont have a clue why this time, everything address wise is correct, puzzling !!

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
For certain countries, including Canada, supplying an address State is compulsory in the address. This is due to postal address insurance regulations.

Therefore please edit your address to include a valid State as per the screenshot attached.

Attachments

tony_g

For certain countries, including Canada, supplying an address State is compulsory in the address. This is due to postal address insurance regulations.

Therefore please edit your address to include a valid State as per the screenshot attached.
but the strange thing is my address state HAS been filled, i have ordered several times and its never given a problem.

out here in canada we dont have "states" its provinces and mine was selected correctly and has been the same for every other time i have ordered but for some reason this time its not accepting it, even though it has been filled!!! thats the problem its not that im not filling that part in, it has been filled but is still not being accepted, i ordered about a month ago with no issues and now its not letting me!!!

tony_g

even tried ordering as guest and manually putting info in and still it says "address state empty" which it is not!!!

correct!!!.jpg

why the heck can i not order??? i have spent i dont know how long trying to get to the point of paying and it always says my address is not correct even though it is.

this is getting to the point of starting to cause me occasional chest pains trying to get it fixed and only getting responses telling me to put my address state in as its required for international orders, I KNOW!! it has been correctly entered i have ordered several times before with no issues so why now is it telling me its wrong.

im going to go sit in a quite room now and try to relax because my blood pressure is up towards the roof and these chest pains dont feel great when i get stressed

Last edited:

tony_g

well after avoiding a possible stress related heart attack from the last 24 hours of constant issues i have finally got the store to work with my c.c, even that was giving issues yesterday.

but im still unhappy with all the problems it keeps throwing back trying to go through my usual method of paypal.

even when making sure my country province IS inserted in my address profile as it has been all along and every other time i have ordered im still not amused that absolutely no possible explanation has been given for why it kept throwing that error other than "im not putting my province in the state/province field" evn though i had-see screenshots.

everything i can find trawling around the interweb says its a java issue or localisation issue for the clients end who set up the paypal service for recieving payments.

anyone else recently on this side of the water purchased lately? and all ok??

rev ed/ technical please look more into this and a proper reason why it was refusing to process further giving address fault issues as my details where all entered correctly and frankly its too stressfull to have to go through again in a month or two when i need to order again.

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
Very sorry for any issues and thanks for the order.

The Paypal rejection error message is from the payment provider themselves, it is not something we have any direct control over. However we do have other Paypal orders from various US/Canada addresses processed daily that do all work fine, so we are not sure went wrong in this particular case. The store website team will investigate it further.

tony_g

thanks technical, it was annoying that it kept saying info was missing when it was provided and even more so when everything matched correctly between addresses in my paypal profile, credit card linked to paypal and picaxe store profile.

even more confusing is that i last ordered july 28th with no issues at all and then all the issues that started yesterday.

tony

grim_reaper

PayPal and E-Bay [same company now] have changed a few things on both site over the last month. That's why your order in July was fine, and whatever they've changed has done something bad this round!

That's the trouble with us software developers... we just can't stop tinkering...

I've actually got my PayPal phone number on my account as '01234 567891' because they refused to accept a mobile number (this was years ago) and I don't have a landline!

Last edited: