Booti2c Example

rjandsam

Hi, I have just started to play with Booti2c on a 28x2, looking at the example in the manual and the basic commands above it states booti2c 1 to update from eeprom.
is this an error as I can only get it to work by using booti2c 4 to update slot0 for my particular project and not booti2c 0, also is this the fastest way to program the picaxe as it seemed instant for a program that used 90% of slot0 memory.

Rich

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
It does seem that the example may be a typo -

"BootI2c 4" would copy external Eeprom Slot 4 into Internal Slot 0
"BootI2c 5" would copy external Eeprom Slot 5 into Internal Slot 1
"BootI2c 6" would copy external Eeprom Slot 6 into Internal Slot 2
"BootI2c 7" would copy external Eeprom Slot 7 into Internal Slot 3

In terms of reprogramming an internal slot, that is the quickest way.

Last edited:

Buzby

A slight catch with booti2c is that there is a software revision check that only allows a newer code to be booted.

I used this poke sfr ( from hippy, I think ) to get round the check.

Code:
' Reset #Revision number
pokesfr $0E, 1

' Stop being I2C slave 
hi2csetup OFF
pause 50

' ReBoot 
booti2c 4

rjandsam

Hi All,
I currently use a 40x2 slots 0-4 and use an external eeprom to upgrade those slots. I was wondering if it was possible to keep things as they are but to also use another eeprom with a different address that is soldered to the board (the other is plugged in to an external port when needed) and use the Run command to access it.

would the command for run be run 8 to run on this chip? and if so what address would the eeprom have to be?

Thank you
Rich

rjandsam

Would using run %01100100, run slot 4 on the new eeprom and if so how would I program to this slot?

Thanks

Rich