Bluetooth connection between jy-mcu and cmp-bluekey32

gginovart

Hi everybody,

I'm a begginer and I would like to buy the JY-MCU and CMP-BLUEKEY32.
For my developing project of the school I have to check how far is the receptor from the emissor so then I can delimited an area.
When it's inside my delimited circle, the PICAXE program will open a light and when it's not inside it will close the light.

The CMP-BLUEKEY32 can be connected to a 08M2 and at the same one the light bulb.

Will I be able to know in each moment how far are the emissor from the receptor? How can I program it for open and close the light when it is inside or outside the delimited area?

thank you and waiting your help.

BeanieBots

What is a JY-MCU?
What is a CMP-BLUEKEY32?

Please post a link to a datasheet for each device.
Does this relate to your previous thread about trying to determine if a 'mobile' is within a certain area/range?
If yes, then the only way you can estimate range is if your device has a signal called RSSI.
(apart from other methods such as GPS etc)
It is what is used to determine signal strength which is a crude way of estimating how far apart the sender and receiver are.

gginovart

The datasheet of JY-MCU is:
https://core-electronics.com.au/attachments/guides/Product-User-Guide-JY-MCU-Bluetooth-UART-R1-0.pdf

The datasheet of CMP-BLUEKEY32 is:
http://datasheets.content4us.com/es-es/datasheet/55855375

these is for determine if a 'mobile' is within a certain area/range, because I couldn't done it with the Tx/Tr, the programation with the picaxe didn't work maybe because I hadn't the correct code.

Will I be able to know in each moment how far are the emissor from the receptor? How can I program it for open and close the light when it is inside or outside the delimited area?

many thanks

srnet

Will I be able to know in each moment how far are the emissor from the receptor?
None of the devices you mention could actually measure distance.

A sort of estimate based on signal strength could be possible if the devices do actually report the signal strength, but even if they did the estimate could easily be out by a factor of 10 or 100 or more, so completly pointless really.

AllyCat

Hi,

What are the dimensions of the "area/range" that you want to use? What accuracy are you trying to achieve?

... because I couldn't done it with the Tx/Tr, the programation with the picaxe didn't work maybe because I hadn't the correct code.
Perhaps, but probably because (as said in this and the other thread) the whole idea is fundamentally flawed. You are very UNlikely to be able to detect a useful range/region using any radio "signal strength" method, and certainly not with Bluetooth or any similar modules.

If you really want to attempt a signal strength method, then try a simple, but modulated, (IR) LED transmitter and a phototransistor. You will still have issues with the directionality (beam width) of the transmitter and receiver, etc., but at least they should be understandable and have some practical solutions.

However, IMHO the only "sensible" approach is to use a "time of flight" method, very probably with ultrasonic (sound) waves. A radio time of flight method might be possible for a larger area, but almost certainly not within the capability of a PICaxe.

Cheers, Alan.