After a power cut, I'm getting 'waiting connection time delay...' when programming

Changster

After a power cut, I'm getting 'waiting connection time delay...' when I hit the programming button. Prior to this when I hit the program button it went straight into the 'Downloading program' part. I did have a bit of trouble with the editor finding the USB AXE027 lead within the software..

Any ideas as its wasting 3 seconds of my life waiting for this!!! Especially as I'm changing bits of the program...

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
After a power cut, I'm getting 'waiting connection time delay...' when I hit the programming button. Prior to this when I hit the program button it went straight into the 'Downloading program' part.
Is that the exact message you are getting or is it a "Connecting to hardware" type message then a delay ?

If it is that suggests the PICAXE program is doing something and not immediately seeing the new download. That would possibly be the case if you had some long pauses, sleeps, naps or similar or the program were waiting for input for some command.