PWMOUT and READTEMP need HELP!

westaust55

A capacitor (blue coloured) exists between pins 1 and 14 - for decoupling?

I see 3 wires to the DS18B20. One from +ve and one from negative (both same side) and a third to PICAXE physical pin 6 (C.1).
But the resistor seems to be from +ve to –ve ( pins 3 and 1 respectively) of the DS18B20. Should be +ve to data (pins 3 and 2 respectively).

@jpacman,
please look at the images Goeytext posts for you at post 33.

Goeytex

In the photos the wiring is too messy to make out what is connected to what. The pullup resistor seems to be connected across pins 1 & 3 in one photo, yet in another it seems the resistor leads could be tortured & bent under and "may" be connected to pins 2 & 3.

@jpacman

How do you expect anyone to help you with such messy wiring and off angle photos? Look at the photos. Can you clearly see the connections? We cannot. Trim your wires and lay out the components so that we can see the connections. Then take a photo looking straight down on the board.

And for crying out loud, remove the FET and motor until you get the sensor working !

jpacman

This bread board is the same as the schematic I posted before the pullup resistor on the 18b20 is on pin 2 and 3 positive and data. Tomorrow morning I will trim and remove the fet and reupload photos

jpacman

ok its FIXED! I ordered a new 18b20 and lord behold by replacing it the system works. sorry for the consistent poking but it finally works.thank you guys. and another thing when i unlock the breadboard adapter it does some sunny stuff like the fan speeds up then down. but when serial in and out are connected it works like normal. any thoughts?

BeanieBots

ok its FIXED! I ordered a new 18b20 and lord behold by replacing it the system works. sorry for the consistent poking but it finally works.thank you guys. and another thing when i unlock the breadboard adapter it does some sunny stuff like the fan speeds up then down. but when serial in and out are connected it works like normal. any thoughts?
If you leave the serin pin floating, almost anything can happen. The PICAXE will keep going in and out of download state.
Your hardware should take care of indeterminate states such as floating pins.
Fitting a pull-down resistor on the PWM output pin will prevent the MOSFET from comming on when the pin is configured as an input which is its default state and during a download.