URF/ERF modules

keith j

Hi All,

I have looked at the wiring diagrams supplied with these items and although I can identify some of the places I need to wire the erf to I cannot identify others. Does anyone know if there is an idiots guide to wiring the erf to a AXE020 board (am using a 28 X 1 PICAXE chip), or have any other helpful tips on this subject.

Many thanks

Keith

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Basically take the ERF "TX" signal to a digital input (SERIN) and take a digital output pin (SEROUT) to ERF "RX". The ERF "DTR" signal can be left unconnected, or optionally connected to an LED and/or a PICAXE digital input ....

Attachments

keith j

Hi Hippy,

Many thanks that makes it a lot clearer - I shall try it. I thought I had to solder the erf to the same connections on the board that the cable uses, not that I can use the digital pins on the board to do the same job.

Do I have to programme the PIC before I can use the erf of will the erf's on board chip have the necessary software (I have already downloaded the software file from picaxe)

Keith

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
For wirelessly programming, the ERF connections go to the Download Circuit Serial In and Out pins, as described on page 5 of the datasheet -

www.picaxe.com/docs/RFA020.pdf

The best way of connecting is probably using flying leads from AXE020 board, from pins on the 28-pin socket.

You do not have to program the PICAXE to use wireless programming.